You Will Need:
- 1 1/4 Cups Water
- 1/3 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 3 Large Eggs
Pan Size / Bake Time:
- 2 8": 33-36 minutes
- 2 9": 28-31 minutes
- 13 x 9-INCH: 32-35 minutes
- Bundt®: 38-43 minutes
- 24 Cupcakes: 18-21 minutes
- Prep: PREHEAT oven to 350°F for metal or glass pans, 325°F for dark or coated pans*. GREASE sides and bottom of each pan with shortening. FLOUR lightly. (Use baking cups for cupcakes).
- Mix: BLEND dry mix, water, oil and eggs in large bowl at low speed until moistened (about 30 seconds). BEAT at medium speed for 2 minutes. MEASURE 1 cup batter into small bowl. POUR remaining batter in pans. BLEND cocoa from small mix packet with the cup of batter in small bowl. SPOON onto batter in pans. SWIRL with knife and bake immediately.
- Bake: BAKE following chart below. *Add 3-5 minutes to bake time for dark or coated pans. Cake is done when toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. COOL in pan on wire rack for 15 minutes. Cool completely before frosting.
Lower Fat Recipe:Prepare and bake following the directions above except using I cup water, 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce and 3 eggs. Reduce baking time 1-2 minutes.
High Altitude (over 3,500 ft.):
High Altitude Directions:Heat oven to 350°F. Stir 1/3 cup flour into mix. Mix as directed above except using 1 1/3 cups water, 1/4 cup oil and 3 eggs. Bake at 350°F: two 8-inch pans 19-24 min.; two 9-inch pans 27-32 min; 13x9-inch pan 28-33 min, Bundt pan 32-42 min, 30 cupcakes 12-17 minutes.
Servings per Container: 12
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||30||100||40|
Manufactured on equipment that also processes tree nuts.