You Will Need:
- 1 1/4 Cups Water
- 1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 3 Large Eggs
Pan Size / Bake Time:
- 2 8": 35-38 minutes
- 2 9": 30-33 minutes
- 13 x 9-inch: 35-38 minutes
- Bundt®: 45-50 minutes
- 24 Cupcakes: 19-22 minutes
- Prep: PREHEAT oven to 350°F for metal or glass pans, 325°F for dark or coated pans*. GREASE sides and bottom of each pan with shortening. FLOUR lightly. (Use baking cups for cupcakes).
- Mix: BLEND dry mix, water, oil and eggs in large bowl at low speed until moistened (about 30 seconds). BEAT at medium speed for 2 minutes. POUR batter in pans and bake immediately.
- Bake: BAKE following chart below. Add 3-5 minutes to bake time for dark or coated pans. Cake is done when toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. COOL in pan on wire rack for 15 minutes. Cool completely before frosting.
Lower fat recipe:Prepare and bake following the directions above except using 1 cup water, 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce and 3 eggs. Reduce baking time 1-2 minutes
High Altitude (over 3,500 ft.):
High Altitude Directions:Heat oven to 350°F. Stir 2 tablespoons flour into mix. Mix as directed above except using 1 1/3 cups plus 1 tablespoon water, 1/3 cup oil plus 1 tablespoon oil and 3 eggs. Bake at 350°F: two 8-inch pans 26-31 min.; two 9-inch pans 30-35 min.; 13x9-inch pan 33-38 min.; Bundt pan 36-46 min.; 30 cupcakes 15-20 minutes.
Servings per Container: 12
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||30||110||50|
|Dietary Fiber||Less than||2%||2%||2%|