- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sweetener (Splenda)
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- Pinch of salt
- 1 package pudding, along with another cup of skim milk
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt margarine and cocoa together, stirring occasionally until smooth. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs until frothy. Stir in the sucralose sweetener.
- Combine the flour and salt. Stir into the egg mixture, then mix in the cocoa and margarine.
- Stir in the 1/4 cup of milk and, if desired, the walnuts. Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
To make frosting:
- Mix together the sugar-free chocolate pudding mix and 1 cup skim milk using an electric mixer.
- Mix for about two minutes, or until thick. Spread over cooled brownies before cutting into squares.
- Very tasty
I assume the s-f pudding is the smaller size box. There seems to be no leavening, and one comment says they rose less than 1/2 an inch. Be sure to make them in an 8x8" pan and toss in 1/4 teaspoon Baking Powder, see if that helps. If you put them in your 9x12 pan, you'll get 'low' brownies. Try the recipe calculator site at sparkpeople.com
I know if I were rushing through the store and I had not proof read this ... I would have bought the regular,"Jello Pudding".