Summer is around the corner and this delicious chocolate cake with cherries will get you in the tropical mood. It is family friendly as it allows kids to decorate the pool, landscape and add their favorite characters in the pool.
Spend time together as a family and get your kids involved, come up with original recopies and fun cooking together!
Happy Summer and I wish you could taste it.
Frosting for pool:
- 1 packet of Duncan Hines® Frosting Creations™ Cotton Candy Flavor Mix and 1 can of Frosting Creations™ Frosting Starter(reserve 2 tablespoons for adhering candy embellishments and grass).
- Green food coloring
- One package Duncan Hines Chocolate cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup oil
- 10oz Canned Cherry Pie filling with juice
- white chocolate candy chips used for pool tiles
- green colored frosting
- Polly Pockets and other pool props
- Pour pack of Duncan Hines® Frosting Creations™ Cotton Candy Flavor Mix into can of Duncan Hines® Frosting Creations™ Frosting Starter. Stir until evenly blended.
- Prepare Duncan Hines Chocolate Cake mix according to directions.
- Add 10 oz canned Cherry Pie Filling with juice
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes
- Check to see that it is done
- Cool on wire rack
- Place prepared frosting in bag, clip end and draw out pool shape on cake
- Fill in with frosting creating waves
- Do the same with green frosting to create grass
- Add props