- 1 pkg. Duncan Hines® Butter Golden Cake Mix
- 1 (3.4 oz.) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup water
- 1 can Duncan Hines® Frosting Creations™ Frosting Starter
- 1 packet Duncan Hines® Frosting Creations™ Cinnamon Roll Flavor Mix
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp. plus 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour two 9" x 5" loaf pans.
- Mix together Duncan Hines® Butter Golden Cake Mix, pudding mix, flour, eggs, softened butter and water.
- In separate bowl, mix together streusel ingredients.
- Pour cake batter into each prepared loaf pan, filling the pans only one-third full.
- Sprinkle streusel mixture on top of batter. Top with remaining batter. The pans will now be two-thirds full.
- Bake 40 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted into cakes comes out clean.
- Let cakes cool completely and remove from pans.
- Pour packet of Duncan Hines® Frosting Creations™ Cinnamon Roll Flavor Mix into can of Duncan Hines® Frosting Creations™ Frosting Starter. Stir until evenly blended.
- Frost pound cakes with the Cinnamon Roll frosting you just created.
- Pound cakes freeze beautifully. Freeze the second cake, unfrosted, wrapped well in plastic wrap and foil. Thaw and then frost cake and serve.
How it Works Video
See how easy it is to use Duncan Hines® Frosting Creations™ Mixes.