- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 (20 oz) can pineapple slices
- Maraschino cherries
- 1 pkg Duncan Hines® Moist Deluxe® Pineapple Supreme Cake Mix
- whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 350 ºF.
- Place butter in 13x9 inch pan. Place pan in oven to melt butter. Sprinkle with sugar. Arrange pineapple slices and maraschino cherries on sugar mixture.
- Prepare cake mix as directed on package. (Do not substitute pineapple juice for water.) Pour batter evenly over fruit.
- Bake 50 minutes or until toothpick in center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes. Invert onto large serving plate or cookie sheet. Serve warm with whipped cream.
Am offended by this shoddy sales ploy...
You know...with what's going on in our world, would just be nice if we could at the very least still depend on the name Duncan Hines...
That said, I'm headed for the kitchen to make my husband's favorite pineapple upside down cake.
But I'm a little less naive, a little more disillusioned...