- 1 box Duncan Hines® Triple Chocolate Decadent Cake Mix (reserve 1/4 cup of dry mix for cheesecake filling)
- 1/2 cup butter (l stick)
- 1 large egg
- Chocolate shavings for garnish
- 1 8 oz pkg. of cream cheese (softened to room temperature)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup of reserved dry cake mix
- Package of triple chocolate add in pouch (mix as directed on package)
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease bottom and sides of a 9x13 inch pan. Mix the crust ingredients together by hand. Press into the bottom of the 9x13 greased pan. Set aside.
- Beat together cream cheese, eggs, and sweetened condensed milk until smooth. Beat in 1/4 cup of dry cake mix, until well blended.
- Mix package of triple chocolate pouch, following the directions on box (stir 1/3 cup cold water into dry pouch ingredients). Stir pouch mixture into filling and mix until blended. Do not over mix. Pour filling batter on top of crust.
- Bake in a 325° oven for 23-25 mins. Filling will still be slightly jiggly. Cool completely. Garnish with chocolate shavings if desired. Refrigerate after cooling.
Elegant Chocolate Curls
Here's a simple and easy way to design a Duncan Hines dessert with chocolate. Take a block of room-temperature chocolate -- feel free to briefly microwave it. Take a vegetable peeler and glide it across the block of chocolate towards you to form curls. You can also start on the corners and edges for chocolate shavings. When you're finished, simply add them to your dessert for an elegant touch.
Rochester, New York
What's your favorite thing about the Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars recipe?
Well, I love cheesecake. To me, cheesecake is such a rich dessert. And especially with it being chocolate; to me, the two combinations are great.
What do you think about the topping?
With the chocolate shavings. I wouldn't overdo it. Or I would top it with a few chocolate chips. You could even go with a little bit of whipped cream.
Do you have any tips to ensure that this recipe comes out perfectly?
I start with my ingredients at room temperature... like with my eggs. That makes a big difference when baking!