||Makes 4 dozen cookies.
Spicy cinnamon harmonizes with the mellow flavor of Duncan Hines French Vanilla Cake Mix. Choose your favorite nut––almonds or pecans––and you've got a big hit with these little Cinnamon Crinkles.
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp water
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pkg Duncan Hines® Moist Deluxe® French Vanilla Cake Mix
- 48 whole pecans or walnuts
- Preheat oven to 375 °F. Combine sugar and cinnamon in small bowl. Set aside. Combine egg whites and water in another small bowl; beat lightly with fork. Set aside.
- Combine butter, egg yolks and vanilla extract in large bowl. Blend in cake mix gradually. Beat at low speed with electric mixer until blended. Roll 1 rounded teaspoon of dough into ball. Dip half the ball into egg white mixture then into cinnamon-sugar mixture. Place ball sugar side up on ungreased baking sheet. Press nut on top. Repeat with remaining dough, placing balls 2-inches apart.
- Bake at 375 °F for 9 to 12 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheets. Remove to cooling racks. Store in airtight container.
Copyright © 2012 Pinnacle Foods Corp. LLC. All Rights Reserved.