- 1 pkg. Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe Classic Yellow Cake Mix
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup of dry roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
- 1 bottle Duncan Hines Amazing Glazes Chocolate
- 1 bottle Duncan Hines Amazing Glazes Vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a cookie sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- Combine cake mix, flour, 2 eggs, melted butter, peanut butter, vanilla and sea salt in bowl of standing mixer and mix until the dough comes together.
- Add in chopped peanuts and mix until combined.
- Divide dough into two pieces and transfer to lined cookie sheet.
- Shape into two 2 x 8 inch rectangles, approximately 1 inch high.
- Beat the remaining egg, then brush the egg wash over top and sides of the dough rectangles.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes. Remove from oven. Let cool for 10 minutes.
- Slice each rectangle into 1/2 inch thick slices. Return the slices to the lined cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- Flip slices over and bake 5 minutes more. Cool completely.
- Heat glaze as directed on bottle then drizzle over biscotti.
Boonton, New Jersey
How would you personalize the recipe for Peanut Butter Biscotti?
Well, I probably would add some more nuts. Or I'd probably add some chocolate chips and make it a peanut butter and chocolate chip biscotti!
Now you're talking! And what about decoration?
I'd probably drizzle some chocolate on top, or dip it in the chocolate instead of drizzling it. So, it's peanut butter and chocolate chip, and then have tempered chocolate... just dip it in so it comes out half coated in chocolate.
What other sort of biscotti have you made?
I'm a big biscotti fan. I have used the Red Velvet Mix and done red velvet biscotti before. The cake mix is just perfect because you just subtract an egg and add more flour and it's great. And I added white chocolate chips to it.
6. Beat the remaining egg, then brush the egg wash over top and sides of the dough rectangles.