- 1 box Duncan Hines® Chewy Fudge Premium Brownie Mix
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil or melted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips or chunks
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder or chipotle chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 teaspoon orange juice concentrate
- 1 cup chopped nuts, any variety, sprinkled on top of cookies before baking
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray cookie sheets with nonstick cooking-spray.
- In a large mixing bowl combine brownie mix, oil, and eggs with wooden spoon until just blended, add chili powder, red pepper and orange juice stir until moistened; stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by heaping tablespoonfuls, 2 inches apart, onto cookie sheets. Sprinkled with nuts, if desired.
- Bake 11-14 minutes until cracked in appearance and just barely set at center when lightly touched. Cool 1 minute on sheets. Transfer to wire racks with metal spatula and cool completely.
- Garnish with pecans or other nuts and chocolate chips, if desired.
How often can you say you don't just TASTE the cookie....you EXPERIENCE the cookie? This recipe fits that in every way...I agree with the previous reviewer...don't let the spices scare you....they give this cookie the perfect depth of flavor...after the second bite, you feel the slight warmth in the back of your throat....and it makes you smile..... :)