- 3/4 cup sugar
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 1 egg, separated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 (8 ounce) cans crescent dinner rolls
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- Preheat oven to 350. Cream sugar and cream cheese until smooth. add egg yolk, vanilla, and lemon juice. Mix until creamy.
- In 9x13-inch baking pan, unroll 1 package of the crescent rools to cover pan; seal perforations. Spread cream cheese mixture over dough. Unroll other package of the crescent rolls; seal perforations. Place over cream cheese. Mix egg whites with water and brush over top of pastry.
- Sprinkle top with almonds and bake 30 minutes. Cool 20 minutes and cut into 1x2-inch bars.
very good with a cup of coffee.
Wonderful treat for breakfast.
Great for breakfast or brunch.
This was a snap and so delicious!