Tart and delicious! The coconut gives it great taste!
- BASE: 2 cups flour
- 2 sticks chilled unsalted margarine or butter cut to small pieces
- 1/2 c powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- FILLING: 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup flour
- Preheat oven to 350.
- BASE: Generously butter 13 x 9 pan.
- Combine 2 cups flour, butter, 1/2 cup powdered sugar and coconut in food processor.
- Process till moist clumps form.
- Press into bottom of prepared pan.
- Bake until edges are golden about 20 min
- FILLING: Whisk 2 cups sugar, eggs, lemon juice, baking powder.
- and 1/4 c flour in large bowl until well blended. Pour over hot crust.
- Bake till set and light brown 25 min. cool in pan on rack.
This is a great lemon bar recipe.