- 12 miniature peanut butter cups (about 4 oz.)
- 1 box Duncan Hines® Milk Chocolate Premium Brownie Mix
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place paper baking cups in each of 12 regular-size muffin cups. Remove foil and cups from candy pieces. Set aside.
- Prepare brownie mix as described on box to make cakey brownies using the eggs, water and oil.
- Fill each up about 2/3 full with batter. Place 1 unwrapped candy piece, upside down, on top of batter in each cup. Lightly tap piece down into batter.
- Bake 23 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of cup comes out almost clean.
- Cool 5 minutes; remove from pan. Place on wire rack; cool completely.
- Make icing by placing peanut butter and butter into medium bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until light and creamy; scrape bowl. Add powdered sugar, milk, vanilla and salt. Beat on low speed 1 minute; scrape bowl. Beat on medium speed until smooth and creamy.
- Spread about 2 tablespoons of icing on each cupcake leaving the edge un-iced.
- Try using a scoop to portion batter more easily. A scant-filled #12 scoop (about 2-1/2 inch diameter) works well.
- It is important to place the peanut butter cup upside down on batter to achieve the proper effect after baking.