- 1 pkg. Duncan Hines® French Vanilla cake mix
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 3 oz. package of red gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 can of Duncan Hines® frosting creations™ Frosting Starter
- 1 packet of Duncan Hines® frosting creations™ Fruit Punch Flavor Mix
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray the insides of juice glasses or small glass tumblers with nonstick spray.
- Prepare cake batter as directed on package.
- Fill glasses half full with batter. Set glasses on a sheet pan and bake 15-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted into cake comes out clean. Let cool slightly.
- In a bowl, combine boiling water with gelatin and stir until dissolved.
- With a skewer or fork, poke holes in the cupcakes.
- Spoon liquid gelatin over the cupcake so it soaks into the holes. Refrigerate for 30-60 minutes.
- Pour packet of Duncan Hines® frosting creations™ Fruit Punch Flavor Mix into can of Duncan Hines® frosting creations™ Frosting Starter. Stir until evenly blended.
- Transfer the Fruit Punch frosting you just created to a piping bag with a large petal tip. Hold the bag at an angle and pipe ruffles onto cakes.
- Garnish with a paper drink umbrella and a straw cut in half and inserted into cupcake.
How it Works Video
See how easy it is to use Duncan Hines® Frosting Creations™ Mixes.