Chocolate cupcakes spiced with Dr. Pepper®, topped with sweet cherry vanilla frosting and garnished with sprinkles and miniature straws.
- 1 packet of Duncan Hines® Frosting Creations™ Cherry Vanilla Flavor Mix and 1 can of Frosting Creations™ Frosting Starter
- 1 (18.25 oz.) box of your favorite chocolate cake mix
- 1 (12 oz.) can of Dr. Pepper®, room temperature
- Rainbow sprinkles (optional)
- 4-5 drinking straws, each cut into 4 equal lengths (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350ᵒF and prepare cupcake pan with paper liners.
- Combine cake mix and room temperature soda in a mixing bowl. Mix on low until moistened, about 30 seconds, scraping the sides of the bowl as needed. Turn up the mixer speed one or two notches, mixing until a slightly thick cake batter forms, about 2 minutes.
- Spoon cake batter into lined cupcake pan, filling each about 2/3 to 3/4 full.
- Bake cupcakes at 350ᵒF for 18-20 minutes. Cupcakes are done when a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cupcakes cool in the pan for 5-10 minutes before carefully removing them and placing on a cooling rack.
- Once cupcakes are completely cool, pour pack of Duncan Hines® Frosting Creations™ Cherry Vanilla Flavor Mix into can of Duncan Hines® Frosting Creations™ Frosting Starter. Stir until evenly blended. Frost cupcakes as desired.
- For garnish, add sprinkles and a miniature straw. Enjoy!
good combo with the Dr. Pepper and cherry!