- 1 box Duncan Hines Spice Cake mix
- 1 1/3 Cups Water
- 1/3 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1 can Creamy Home-Style Classic Vanilla Frosting
- Wilton green food coloring gel
- White rolled fondant
- Edible red pen
- Graham cracker crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place cupcake liners in muffin pans.
- Prepare cake batter as directed on package.
- Pour batter into cupcake liners, filling them no more than two-thirds full.
- Bake 18 to 24 minutes or until toothpick inserted into cupcakes comes out clean. Let cool completely.
- 1 day prior, roll the fondant out and cut into small circles, using a small circular fondant cutter
- Also cut out 3 small squares. These will make 1st base, 2nd base and 3rd base.
- Cut one pentagon to make home base and 1 rectangle for the pitcher's mound.
- Let the fondant dry out for a day so that it does not "wilt" when you put it on the cupcakes.
- Using the edible red food coloring pen, draw baseball stitching on the white fondant circles.
- Set aside a small bowl of white frosting. This will be used for 5 of the 24 cupcakes.
- Mix the green food coloring with the frosting to get a light green color.
- Using a Wilton 1M tip and a frosting bag, frost 19 of the 24 cupcakes.
- Place a baseball on each green cupcake.
- Frost the remaining 5 cupcakes with the white frosting you set aside.
- Cover each white cupcake with graham cracker crumbs to look like sand.
- Place the remaining fondant pieces on the 5 sandy cupcakes.
- Arrange the cupcakes like a baseball diamond.
There are no reviews.