- 3 cups sugar
- 2 1/2 sticks butter
- 3 tablespoons white corn syrup
- 3/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Mix together all ingredients in saucepan, except vanilla, and start heat on low temperature.
- Cook until it reaches soft-ball stage. Take off heat.
- Add vanilla. Whip with electric mixer until consistency to spread.
- Place pan in container of hot water while icing cake to keep the icing from getting too stiff.
I hope your got my reply, Call your local grocer and ask if they carry Argo corn starch?