Everyone knows about Boston's rich Irish heritage. So I decided to do the Boston Cream Donut the RIGHT way. Buttermilk biscuits fried up and filled with Irish Cream flavored chocolate pudding & topped off with mint chocolate frosting.
- 1 packet of Duncan Hines® Frosting Creations™ Mint Chocolate Flavor Mix and 1 can of Frosting Creations™ Frosting Starter
- 2 cups of vegetable oil
- 1 can of refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1 1/2 cup of milk
- 1/2 cup of Bailey's Original Irish Cream Coffee Creamer
- 1 box of chocolate instant pudding
- Pour pack of Duncan Hines® Frosting Creations™ Mint Chocolate Flavor Mix into can of Duncan Hines® Frosting Creations™ Frosting Starter. Stir until evenly blended.
- Separate dough into 8 biscuits. In a heavy frying pan, heat up oil over medium heat until hot.
- Gently place 3 or 4 biscuits in hot oil. Fry on one side until golden brown. Gently turn with tongs & fry until other side is golden brown.
- Place paper towel on top of a cooling rack. When donuts are done, place them on paper towel and cool completely.
- In a bowl, add pudding mix, milk and coffee creamer. Beat pudding with a whisk for 2 minutes or until smooth & thick.
- To fill donuts, I used a dessert decorator with the filler attachment. Other options are a cookie press or even a turkey baster.
- Fill your decorator with the pudding. Make a small hole in the side of each donut. Insert tip of decorator in the hole & squeeze small amount of pudding into the center. Refill you decorator as needed.
- Now frost your donuts with the chocolate mint frosting.
Being Mostly Irish and my son-in-law from Mass..These are Great:-)
my kind of dessert! good job!