This recipe was inspired and developed by my niece, Kayla. Our family tested the recipe together. I made the brownies, Kayla prepared the frosting, her uncle cut the ice cream and we all worked together to frost the trifles. We served them at Easter brunch – yum!
- 1 pkg. Duncan Hines® Chewy Fudge Brownie Mix
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil
- ½ cup chocolate covered espresso beans
- Mocha chip ice cream
- Duncan Hines® Frosting Creations™ Mocha Flavor Mix
- Duncan Hines® Frosting Creations™ Frosting Starter
- Clear plastic or glass espresso cups
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F for glass or metal pans, 325°F for dark or non-stick pans. GREASE bottom of pan with shortening or cooking spray.
- EMPTY brownie mix, egg(s), oil and water in large bowl.
- STIR until well blended (about 50 strokes).
- SPREAD in 13"x9" greased pan.
- Scatter the batter with espresso beans.
- BAKE for 25 to 30 minutes. ADD 3-5 minutes for dark or non-stick pans.
- COOL completely in pan before cutting and serving.
- Cut brownies to fit in the espresso cups.
- Cut ice cream into sections to fit in espresso cups.
- Pour packet of Duncan Hines® Frosting Creations™ Mocha Flavor Mix into can of Duncan Hines® Frosting Creations™ Frosting Starter. Stir until evenly blended.
- Add a layer of brownie to the bottom of the cup. Add a layer of ice cream. Add a layer of Mocha Frosting. Top with another layer of brownies.
- Place espresso cups in freezer until ready to serve.
- Remove trifles from freezer. Frost trifles with the remaining mocha frosting. Top with an espresso bean
Wow...very nice to get all involved and what an awesome job!
very nice, I love it... how elegant..