Crust and Topping:
- 1 pkg Duncan Hines® Moist Deluxe® Classic Yellow Cake Mix
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter or margarine, melted
- 7 cups sliced apples (peeled or unpeeled)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan.
- For crust and topping, combine cake mix, oats, walnuts and melted butter in large bowl. Sprinkle half the mixture into pan.
- For filling, combine apples, raisins, water, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg in large saucepan. Stir occasionally over low heat for 10 minutes. Spread filling over crust in pan. Sprinkle remaining topping mixture over filling.
- Bake at 350ºF for 35 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Transfer the cobble to a skillet to give this dessert a homey, country-style feel.