- 1 Box 18.25oz. Duncan Hines Lemon Cake Mix (prepare as directed on box)
- 1 packet of Blueberry Muffin Mix
- + add 1/2 cup water
- NOTE: Cake can be made in advance and frozen.
- 4 lemons, juice and zest
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter
- 2 cups of sugar
Mock Devonshire Cream for Decorating:
- #22 Star Tip
- Frosting bag
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup softened cream cheese
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- OPTIONAL: I soaked mine for a few minutes in a white chocolate syrup, the kind you buy for adding to your coffee. Make sure you allow them to drain completely so that they don't saturate the cream.
- Preheat oven to 350º. Prepare two Tiara Dessert Pans, or a fluted pan that when inverted can be filled.
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions, adding to it the packet of blueberry muffin mix and 1/2 cup of water.
- Zest lemons, then squeeze juice. In a medium sized saucepan add all ingredients. Slowly simmer until all the sugar is dissolved. Continue to cook until thickened, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and cool, place in refrigerator until ready to use.
Mock Devonshire Cream:
- Place all ingredients in a small mixing bowl; beat until creamy. You can add more confectioners sugar if the consistency is not thick enough; you do want it somewhat creamy but not like frosting.
- After cakes have cooled completely, fill and decorate. Divide the filling between both cakes. Make rosettes and topped each with a fresh blueberry.
- Let set in refrigerator for at least two hours or over night.
if anyone has a good recipe for a bridal shower please post!!!