- 1 env. gelatin
- 1 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 4 egg yolks
- 3 env. (5/8 oz. size) instant Daiquiri mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup Myer's dark rum
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 baked pie shell or a graham cracker crust
- In double boiler combine gelatin, 1 cup sugar, and salt. Beat yolks, Daiquiri mix, and water. Cook all of this, stirring constantly until thickened.
- Remove from heat and add rum. Set in bowl of ice cubes to chill until mixture is thick and mounds, at least 30 minutes.
- In large bowl, beat egg whites adding 1/2 cup sugar gradually. Whip cream. Fold all ingredients together.
- Pile half into pie shell, chill and pile remaining on top. Chill overnight. A rich pie - cut slices small. Serves: 8 to 10.
Ooooh was this yummy. A big hit at the office.