Chocolate Mint Mini-Cakes
Make these perfectly size cakes for any time of the year!
- Hands-on Time: 35 Minutes
- Total Time: 60 Minutes
- Servings: 36 Mini-Makes
- Difficulty: INTERMEDIATE
- 1 package Duncan Hines® Signature French Vanilla Cake Mix
- Water, oil and eggs called for on cake mix package
- 1 container Duncan Hines® Creamy Chocolate Mint Frosting
- ¼ cup shredded sweet coconut, chopped
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour 9 x 13-inch cake pan.
- Combine cake mix, water, oil and eggs in large bowl.
- Beat with an electric mixer at medium speed for 2 minutes. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely on wire rack.
- Cut cake into 22 circles using a 2-inch round cookie cutter. Place on baking sheet and freeze for 1 hour.
- Place frosting in microwave-safe container and microwave on high 10 seconds to soften slightly.
- Spread frosting on side of cakes and roll in coconut. Spread frosting on top of cake and garnish with almonds.