Decadent Strawberry Lime Gooey Bars
Made with Duncan Hines® Decadent Strawberry Cheesecake Cake Cupcake Mix, condensed milk and lime zest, these gooey bars are sure to be a hit all summer long.
- Hands-on Time: 20 Minutes
- Total Time: 60 Minutes
- Servings: 16 bars
- Difficulty: INTERMEDIATE
- 1 package Duncan Hines® Decadent Strawberry Cheesecake Cupcake Mix
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened and divided
- 1 egg
- 2 limes, zested and juiced
- ½ cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons water
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line 9x9-inch baking pan with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- Combine cake mix, egg, 1 stick softened butter, lime juice and zest in medium bowl with wooden spoon until well blended. (Batter will be thick) Reserve about 1/3 of the batter. Press the remaining batter into the prepared pan. Drizzle sweetened condensed milk over top of cake mixture.
- Crumble the reserved cake batter evenly over the top, pressing down lightly.
- Bake for 29-32 minutes or until edges start to brown.
- Cool completely on wire rack. Cut into 16 bars.
- Prepare frosting pouch according to package directions with remaining butter and water.
- Spread bars with frosting. If desired, garnish with additional lime peel.